Tuscan Red Snapper
- 2 cups basic tomato sauce*
- 1 cup kalamata olives (pitted)
- 1/4 cup, capers, drained
- 1 teaspoon, red chili flakes
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 4 – 8 ounce red snapper filets, salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 450°
Using a 14 inch ovenproof skillet, combine tomato sauce all of, capers, white wine, red chili flakes and bring to a boil over medium heat.
Scoring the skin side of the red snapper, season with salt and pepper and place, skin side up in skillet with the sauce.
Bake 10 minutes, until thoroughly done.
With long spatula, carefully lift fish out of the sauce and place on serving dish and top with remaining sauce.
- *Basic tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup, extra virgin Olive Oil
- 1, medium onion (chopped fine)
- 4, garlic cloves (thinly sliced)
- 2 tablespoons, fresh thyme (substitute, pinch dry thyme)
- 1, pinch oregano
- 2, 28 ounce cans peeled hold tomatoes (crushed by hand)
- Salt and pepper to taste
In heavy 3 quart saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat and cook garlic and onion until golden brown.
Add thyme and oregano, add tomatoes and juice and bring to a boil stirring often.
Lower the heat and let simmer for 30 to 40 minutes.
Salt and pepper to taste.comments powered by Disqus